The beautiful legend of Queen Hasis underlies the name of HASIS brand...
The name of the brand is borrowed from a beautiful legend, according to which Urartian* queen Hasis (7th century BC) gave birth to twelve sons delivering quadruplet boys three times. To share his happiness with his people king Argishti II issued an edict according to which all the women who gave birth to multiplets were rewarded with twelve silver coins from the royal treasury.
The legend motivated me, breathed meaning and essence to the brand, gave birth to the motto:
HASIS – a royal gift of love and happiness.
1. BASALTIC ORGAN (cashmere): Motif: collection combines the spellbinding sounds of the Basaltic Organ (natural rock formations) from Garni Gorge with Armenian Dragon Rug ornaments. Fabric: Cashmere-Modal and Cashmere.
2. SYMPHONY OF STONES (cashmere): Motif: Symphony of stones (natural rock formations) from Garni Gorge, (Armenia, Kotayq region). Fabric: Cashmere-Modal and Cashmere.
3. KOMITAS (silk): Motif: This HASIS scarf was created on the motives of the ornaments of a pitcher belonging to Komitas Vardapet (Archimandrite Komitas). It is one of the exceptional samples of the Armenian faience art of Koutina (Kütahya), the birthplace of Komitas. The pitcher, which dates back to the 18-19th centuries, is stored and exhibited in the Mother See of Holy Etchmiadzin, in Alex and Marie Manoogian Treasury House-Museum. Fabric: Silk
4. EAST (Silk): Motif: “Eastern Still Life” by M. Sarian represents his universe: canvas, flowers, colourful fruits and painted faience…Fabric: Silk
5. LOVE (silk): Motif: The HASIS scarf called “Love” based on the motifs of the painting by Martiros Sarian “Love. Fairy Tale” is in harmony with the love of a boy and a girl: flowers symbolize the dreams, and yellow ones are love that warms the soul. Through a variety of combinations this accessory allows to present the classical art-piece in an original way. Fabric: Silk
6. SPHINX (silk): Motif: The tray with an image of a sphinx, excavated at Armenian capital Dvin is an aesthetical pearl of the Armenian medieval masters. The HASIS scarf of emerald hues is a dreamy interpretation of adventures. Fabric: Silk
7. CARPET (silk): Motif: In the world cultural heritage, this handmade Dragon Carpet is an exceedingly distinctive piece that highlights the Armenian identity. Transforming the pictorial idea into a scarf, HASIS gave “wings” to the carpet to bridge centuries. It offers a modern woman an opportunity to feel the breath of tradition. Fabric: silk
8. SAZ (modal): Motif: “Armenian Woman with a Saz,” painted by Martiros Sarian in 1915, is a piece imbued with motifs of fertility, Armenian symbolism and ideas of rebirth. Preserving the colour, composition and rhythm integrity of that masterpiece, HASIS has woven a new territory for a modern woman’s imagination. Fabric: modal
9. LAVENDERS (modal): Motif: A sea of mountain lavenders is fluttering in the work “Flowers. Still-life” by Martiros Sarian. The wavy folds of the HASIS scarf called “Lavenders” translate the great artist’s creation into warming fragrance and a smooth sequence of colours around your neck. Fabric: modal
AGBU Women Entrepreneurs (WE) Program in Armenia:
Launched in 2017, the Women Entrepreneurs (WE) Program is the first component of a larger initiative committed to expanding economic opportunities and civic engagement in Armenia and Artsakh by empowering women.
AGBU WE is a free leadership and entrepreneurship course that includes hands-on workshops and lectures to assist participants in developing strong business plans and marketing strategies. The course also includes a mini grant program to help fund start-up and scale-up businesses, access to industry professionals for mentorship and guidance, and networking opportunities with like-minded women.
Every year, 50 to 75 WE participants are selected from across rural and urban Armenia and Artsakh representing a range of industries, including agriculture, arts, education, fashion, food, manufacturing and tourism.
To learn more: https://www.agbugiving.org/we/